It was held in a large hall that looked like it served one of those year-end Christmas office banquets but I think there were at least 1000 people inside the room. We were pretty much part of the small minority of people without glowsticks to wave around because we didn't attend the Vocaloid event that was held before the concert. Even more awkward was the fact that I was probably the only non-Chinese there and was having a conversation with Mong in English while everyone around us was speaking in Cantonese or Mandarin. There aren't many ethnic minorities here in Hong Kong who are into NicoDou, I assume.
The lineup included ぽこた, 96猫, 際屋, りせは, のある, ほんこーん, nero, そらる and koma'n.
The live band had TEST on guitar, mao on bass, 事務員G on keyboard, ショボン on drums.
Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pictures or make recordings during the show, so I really don't have much to show you. Sorry about that. I could have taken ninja pictures but I felt like I had to respect the rules of the show. I knew I would probably feel guilty afterwards. /sob
I did however manage to take some pictures after they finished singing and stayed on the stage for a little while. Some photographers went up on the stage to take a picture of the utaite with the audience behind them (refer to top pic) and the utaite then proceeded to give some fanservice. Shirts and freebies were thrown to the audience, Pokota went down to personally high-five the fans (mong and I promised to never wash our hands again).
Some other highlights from the concert
- 96neko trying to speak in Cantonese and was reading stuff off of her arm
- All of them trying to speak in Cantonese
- Pokota asking the band members to do a gorilla impression as he was introducing them while 96neko, Saiya and Riseha were on stage
- 96neko asking Pokota to do a gorilla impression right after he asked the band members. While he did the gorilla impression after the audience counted down, 96neko scratched her head and then turned to leave the stage as if in shame. Riseha and Saiya then followed, leaving Pokota alone and to jokingly announce that it was the end of the show.
- Pokota was singing a very emotional ballad when he started slowly stripping his shirt off, becoming shirtless. He then went over to G-san, who was still not done playing the piano part of the song, and hugged him from behind (did I mention Pokota was shirtless?). G-san was wincing and basically silently going "DOESNOTWANT" in his head, based on his expression, as Pokota's face neared his. Pokota then pecked G-san on the lips. G-san wiped his lips afterwards.
- 96neko and Saiya pretending that they were about to sing magnet: clasped their hands together, repeated the intro 3 times, acting like there was something wrong and by the third time they assumed a sort of sumo wrestler position with their hands still clasped together
- Soraru's face!!!!!
- koma'n playing the piano live
- 96neko in pigtails (//A//)/
- Riseha, Saiya and Noir dancing to PONPONPON as 96neko and Honkon sang, later joined by the boys who were failing at keeping up with the dancing
- The audience screaming "ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!" for at least 3 minutes without stop, before everyone came out to sing one last song for us
- Me high-fiving Pokota, not even realizing who he was because I was fagirling too hard
- Mong and I screaming/fangirling so badly that the people around us were giving us strange looks because they thought we were crazy
(by singer because we couldn't remember the exact order)
Pokota: Dancing Samurai, Uta ni Katachi wa Nai keredo
96neko: Black Rock Shooter, Shiryoku Kensa
Saiya: Ikasama Life Game, Net Game Spectre
Riseha: Aa Subarashiki Nyansei, Heartrate #0822
Honkon: Shinkai Shoujo, Haru ni Ichiban Chikai Machi
Noir: SKY, Karakuri Pierrot
nero: Tokyo Teddy Bear, Dream Eating Monochrome Baku
Soraru: Depression of the young literati, Nisoku Hokou
koma'n: Rain Stops Goodbye (with him playing the piano for a couple of verses), Badbye
Pokota & 96neko: Senbon Zakura
Soraru & koma'n: Nekomimi Archive
96neko & Honkon (feat. Saiya, Riseha and noir dancing): PONPONPON
All: Fire Flower
We had one awesome night. (Despite the fact that we had to run to the shuttle bus to make sure that we could catch the very last MTR train because the concert ended at 11:40 PM. I also woke up sore from the screaming and the jumping around. Hahaha!)I really hope they come back to have another concert here because I certainly want to experience that all over again.